Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Fortune Cookie goes DARK...


               My recent lack of a social life and a sudden increase in Chinese cuisine got me thinking about fortune cookies. My issue with the fortune cookies was that every single one of them was filled with a gooey, marshmallow-like message, spitting out rainbows and what not. Considering the fact that every single one I've had over the past year has provided me with hugs and kisses, is quite positively nauseating... Even my stupid phone app keeps farting out inspiration. .. AND YES! I have a fortune cookie phone app... GO ahead JUDGE me!! 
     
              1st of all, let me just say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with so much positive thinking in the world, all we need is more actually...In fact they lift my spirits up now and then when I'm in one of my moods... But to simply satisfy my curiosity, lets just imagine that I created a dark fortune cookie... WOULD YOU be willing to open one of those after a delicious meal in a rather dim lit ambiance?? Just a thought.. 
              
          Obviously they won't come true... They would most definitely have the same probability as a sweet fortune cookie.. "That sounded soo wrong..." They would be a little sassy and a tiny bit dark. 

     A pinch of pepper, maybe add a little bit of darkness in there and some ripened words of wisdom and what do you have? NOT your grandma... But a Dark Fortune Cookie capable of such untold potential. 

And sooooo my mind was rather impelled to come up with a few... cookie statements..??! Lemme try...


"When one door closes, Remember to lock the damn door..."

"Reading this fortune is not gonna help you, Try another..."

"Can't find a date?? Try the other gender"

"Today your life may change, for you and everybody else... Get in line.."

"Feeling a bit itchy??? Shame on you!!"

"Got a happy pill? You may need one!! After all your reading your fortune.."
     

 A little darkness can be fun but you need to keep an open mind and you must have a sense of humour. I read my daily cookie a while ago... It reads "A friend is a present you give yourself".. The funny thing is I keep having to return these gifts...

Well enjoy your weekend everyone!!!! May the Cookies be AWESOME!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment