Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Dream a Dream...


It is said that darkness must fall,
So that light may rain,
It is said that when one falls in love,
Nothing else may seem the same,
It's hard to feel,
When one is numb,


As silence dwells where there once was none...
When time can hold your heart hostage,
To what you felt dear,
Never knowing, what is?
Until of course, you close your eyes,
Forever oblivious, until seen...

Memories have shades,
Some bright, but others fade,
It's hard to hold on to the moments,
Especially those which bring pain,
But one day when you trip over a pebble,
Sometimes you end up falling into someone,
Someone who puts the sun to shame,
Someone to whom I may say...
When the stars forget to shine,
I'll be right by your side,
&
When you forget to dream,
I will share my dreams with you...
When you need me,
I will never look away,
Cause when life gets real tough,
I will hold your hand all the way...
                                       By
                                            Yoshith Perera

No comments:

Post a Comment