Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Frozen Words...

Memories do stick around... Once in a while you remember...

I'd never have dreamt my life the way it is now,
I had no vision of what lied ahead, But the blur I'd see from the corner of my eye,
A journey in ignorance we all started, Would define us all in time to come,
So a risk i took and the 1st step forward I walked with pride and humility,

The only thing on my mind was home,
The very last thing on my mind was my future,
Away from what felt familiar,
Closer to the footsteps laid before me,
Lay many questions with no simple answers,

Memories of what i had left behind would consume my heart,
And so i would be the shadow of my work, To forget what was not before me,
Time would pass and my life would change,
Seasons would come and go, Each washing off its color around me,

Feeling the first winter's cold began to freeze my dreams,
But life would bring me closer to new faces,
I would call but a few.. "Best friends",
And before i knew it, As i leaned on their shoulders,
Happiness would be by my door,

Clouds sailed across these dark skies,
Staring in to my life, Poking its nose into my sorrows,
Knowing the life i lead, Revealing the fate i seek,
"Life" they say is pretty simple,
Only to those who care about this moment,
We share right now,
Its the single thing unraveled to none,

Hearts would be pierced by arrows,
Leaving no scar but endless bleeding,
Sense had no place there,
Disarray was the best comfort,
God's messages were questioned,
Only to be answered with patience,
Priorities stretched over time,
Undermined by others, Expected by elders,

Every step we took, Every choice we made,
Lite a candle, Paving its path,
In search of direction, Filled with hope,
No emotion was hidden, And no love was untold,

Some memories were made,
By the hearts we knew, By the games we played,
Some lessons were learned,
As an example to life, As a right of passage,

Bonds were made, Bonds were broken,
Lies were told, Tears were shed,
The truth unfolded, And masks were worn,
But as far as life goes,
There's always an opportunity,
An opportunity to forgive,
A chance to forget,
A wish to move on,
And be friends,
Till the end...
Forever recollecting our smiles...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment