Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Stolen...




When you’re not around, i try to find you,
When i can’t find you, i reach for the phone,
When i don’t hear from you, i try to find you in my mind,
Then it hits me...
I m falling for you...

I see your smile when i need to smile,
I try to remember our last kiss when i m alone,
I remember your eyes when i scan the skies,
I close my eyes and there you are, smiling back at me,
I reach for your hand when i open my eyes,
Only to hold loneliness beside me...

An aching feeling inside me,
Something I’ve known before but try not to name,
I wish I could tell you this feeling,
But I fear I may overwhelms thee...

Matters of the heart have baffled even those before me,
And the question remains...
How can i tell you that...

I rather lie with you than live a thousand lives,
I rather taste your lips than taste water itself,
I rather hug you than anyone else,
But the question still lingers...

No word... No verse... Nothing describes this feeling...
Someone once told me...
Wear not... your heart on your sleeve...
For it can be easily stolen...
But a heart can only be stolen,
If you let it be...

By Yoshith Perera

 

1 comment:

  1. sigh.... i've been feelin dis way n no idea hw 2 put it into words wen i c dat u already hav.... its simply beautiful....

    ReplyDelete