Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

WHAT is LIFE?

 
What is life?
Is it when I wake up feeling like a zombie?
Is it when I know I've had an amazing dream, but can't seem to remember it?
Is it when I mistake my tooth paste for shaving foam...?
 
Life is everyday....
Life was yesterday,
It's tomorrow...
It's yours and mine...
Our hopes and dreams,
Our happiness and tears,
Our emotions and fears...
Is it me or is it life? 
 
Life is when I hit my toe against the living room furniture...
It's also when I start swearing as a direct result...
It is when I dream of so much more,
It is when I fly amongst the clouds...
It is the tears I hold back,
The wrongs I wish right,
It is the hope I hold on to,
It is my picture of might be...
 
It's losing friends,
And gaining others...
It's finding yourself,
Or a lie like that I tell myself...
Life is our parents,
Thinking they know better...
Life is us,
Knowing we know better...
 
 
 
Dreaming of perfection,
And seeing illusions,
Throwing tantrums,
And building castles...
Life is what we want it to be...
Or what we think it should be...
Burying our insecurities
And planting our possibilities...
So is life...
 
Is it really life?
Or is it just an illusion?
All my broken pieces...
Mendable,
All that is me...
Breakable,
I maybe human,
But I do forget sometimes...
That life can storm my dreams...
Or carry me to the heavens at times...
 
This is life...
This is bullshit...
So is life...
A pile of crow shit...
 
By Yoshith Perera


No comments:

Post a Comment