Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Sunday, July 07, 2013

The journey continues...

When I was done with high school and all ready to embark on my future to China, I was terrified! I remember hugging my family and my dog!! I was super sad about leaving them. I was especially sad about leaving my best buddy, worried he wouldn't be looked after right! Unfortunately life doesn't cover all the bases with regard to growing up, you got to throw yourself into life's clumsy hands and hope it's gonna catch you...
 
When I graduated from university, I was way more freaked out about life... Where it will take me, my single life and especially whether my future was solid or not. Just cause you graduate medical school doesn't mean every things going to turn out awesome. Exams, people and LIFE gets in the way...

Leaving Sri Lanka and coming to Canada was something I was incredibly excited about. I was definitely going to miss my family, my sisters, my best mates and my home, but life is all about change. It's going to give you options, and it's going to make you pick...
 
 
And I picked here... 2 years later, many exams, volunteering and part time jobs later I'm heading back to university... Cause I'm not done learning, I'm not done being a genius! :D :) :) :P

Life's taught me one thing and that is to follow my instincts... To follow my dreams... To follow my yellow brick road... And I'm going to race through that finish line with fireworks! Not cause I'm being an overconfident arse, but because I'm ready to succeed...

"If you wanna change your life, you gotta mould it YOURSELF!!!!!!!!"

So here's to the FUTURE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment