Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Friday, July 26, 2013

The crows...

My posting for a FWF prompt...
#FWF Free Write Friday: Time & Place Scenario
 
It’s high noon. Sun blazing. You awake in a field and birds are pecking your skin… GO!


Credit ; Tumblr


 
It's the same dream again, I awake on a sizzling summer day, the sun burning up everything around it while the clouds try to cover up it's face. Birds pecking on my skin, as if I'm a carcass spread across their brunch table. I get up and the birds just keep going at it, undisturbed by my awkward motion. Like always slapping them doesn't help. I keep walking and stumble across a couple in the middle of the field enjoying the dry hot summer day, in each others arms, enjoying their company. All I see is smiles, soft touches and the beginning of foreplay!
 
"Not again" I say to myself and turn away from the 2 bodies partly naked...
 
I wait for the dream to end, cause it's usually at this point that I awake with drenching sweats. But nothing, I'm still here! WTF!
 
I turn to them to see the young blonde trying to grab something out of the shrubs beside her, a rock? She swings it at the unsuspecting fool whose face is completely engaged with her cleavage. He's struck hard on his temple and pushed to a side. His pain overcomes his reflexes for flight as he adopts a foetal position amongst the crop. He finally succumbs to a large rock that is brought down upon his head by the blonde.
 
She searches her immediate surroundings with one vast glance... Probably fearing for any witnesses... She suddenly turns to me and sees me... She walks toward me with a forceful gait. Her face, carefree like this murder wasn't her first. But as she walks toward me, I feel myself shrinking, the birds whom were mutilating me, suddenly gone. And I, simply dressed in clothes from my past, when I was only a boy, when I was only 7...
 
She clothes herself with her final steps toward me, her hair a mess with twigs and dirt, her lipstick smeared and red stains on her neck. She bends down to me and asks... In a happy go lucky pitch, much like a rhyme...
 
"What did you seeeeeeee.....?"
 
 
With tears flooding my eyes and my heart beating as if it must escape from my chest, I reply... "Nothing..."
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Wow! You've got a great knack for suspense. Will there be a Part II? I would love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! A big gasping sigh! I agree with Charlene...I'd love to read a second chapter in this story. :)

    So happy to have you join us! And I am in LOVE with your colorful blog! I may have to add some life to mine, again. :) Keep writing, as you are amazing. And I hope you will write for FWF again very soon and share your talent...and possibly part 2? hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Looking forward to being more active on FWF for sure. Lets see where my imagination takes us on part 2... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the 4th time I have tried to comment ... your site doesn't like me! Now, your story captivated me from beginning to end wondering what would happen next ... I still want to know ... next please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa, crazy good. I love the way you told this! great job with the prompt!

    ReplyDelete