Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Call it "humanity"




In depths of sadness, 
My life sinks deep,
In heights of laughter,
My soul grows tall,
With rivers quite wide,
My tears flow true,
With clouds up high,
My perseverance soars...

By oceans colored blue,
They rage, They scream,
But I float on my courage,
With my legs down deep,
By faces colored different,
You judge, You lie,
Shackled by your perceptions,
Of what's right, 
Of what I am....

Give up, I won't,
Dumb down, I won't
Cause sorrow, I won't,
But...
Dream, I will,
Conquer my fear, I will
Invade what's wrong, I will

For being human,
People are...
Capable of such evil,
Capable of much good,
A yin with a yang...
Everyone is at war...
But only little is perceived...

This much is true,
We have many names...
This much we comprehend...
That life is precious,
But the thing we all hold most sacred...
Is our fight for self preservation...
All this creation...
Quite so different,
Quite so illogical,
Is what we call humanity...

By Yoshith Perera 

No comments:

Post a Comment