Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

MoTHeRs


It was only yesterday that I saw a mother treat her son like a rotten apple. It was only yesterday that she treated her son like a commodity and a big fat pain in her neck. He was definitely a 1st grader. Her face gathered only sadness as her child cheerfully ran away from her in search of a toy toward the other end of the store. And soon there was only anger and tears...
But whom am I to judge?
The life she leads and the circumstances surrounding her life are simply oblivious to me.
So whom am I to judge?
Who knows... Maybe the kid has ADHD...
So who the hell am I to judge?
I have eyes... I can see... I've seen happiness... I've seen love... & that wasn't it...

It was only a week ago that I saw a mother care for her son at the movies. He didn't act like the other people at that theater. He was slightly uncomfortable there and couldn't help but make noise while the crowd kept their silence during the screening of the movie. As I couldn't help but glance now and then during his sudden bouts of uncontrollable movement. 
My stares were only painted with smiles... 
She held his hand as his leg cramped and he teared himself on to the floor...
My glances were trickled with hope...
As I would only hope to be such a parent...
To me she was a hero like my own mother...
To me it was love...

Pictures from http://www.earthtimes.org


My point was not to compare the mothers we have or the lives we lead or the opposites of this world... That would be prejudicial to logic itself and some of the words I live by...

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them"
                        - Mother Teresa 

But clearly we need to start loving ourselves, our children and most of all our world a little more...

It was only centuries ago that the earth gave life to man kind... She allowed us to prosper and thrive at the expense of her other children...
The sun guards her by day, while the moon takes the night shift, watching us eagerly... Hoping that our humanity would only crave for more guidance to take better care of her...  Why is it so difficult to see the bigger picture? Maybe because man kind has a hard time taking care of itself in the first place

It's hard to see beyond a horizon when your blinded by the sun... Yet you stare hoping that you see that silver lining streak across the colors that define it. What we have are dreams and ideals... But that's clearly not enough...

We are home to a planet we call home...
We are home to Earth, a body in the universe that sustains us...
We use it like it's land and seas are! and will be our birth right!
We breath it's air and pollute it's skies like it's only a scratch that needs time to heal...
We forget that we share this planet...
We forget that it can be too late...
&
We forget that if it is too late, we won't have anywhere else to go...
We need to sustain our home and the other's we share it with...
We need to take care of mother nature...

She doesn't ask for much... Well She doesn't ask for anything... It's the least we can try to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment