Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Throw it out...

I played your game,
I came in first,
I broke no rules,
Or so I believe,
I play it safe,
I'd play it again,
Any game is worth the times,
I see your face...

I'm no fool,
I'm just persistent,
On second thought,
Maybe I am,
In my dreams, 
I fly,
Like Superman,
With you in my arms,
But when life gets real,
I'll walk with you...


Hope is difficult,
Yet so human,
Love is different,
Quite so mental,
Life's a bitch,
But then again
As long as you're here...
Let's make it brilliant...

Just stay with me,
Light my birthday candles,
Raise our children with me,
Read those books you read,
Right beside me...
Be my friend,
Be my best friend...

We'll never grow old...
As long as we're together...
So throw it out...
Out the window...
Logic has no place...
As long as you're near...

By Yoshith Perera

No comments:

Post a Comment