Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Losing my way...


Falling apart,
Piece by piece,
Crumbling into earth,
Facing disintegration...

On the verge of extinction, 
Realizing my deception, 
Recognizing the contradictions,
With the floor crumbling before me...

Wasting away,
Wasting my own time,
What am I doing?
What is this life?

A lack of intimacy,
The lack of a decent movie,
Hearing music play in the background,
Filling this void within me...

Far from my brothers,
Far from my sisters,
Immersed in a boiling drama,
Dissolving into transparency...

I lost my way,
For a simple second,
Noticed by all,
To a point of sympathy...

I am human,
So I fell!
I fell apart...
But I'm standing up again,
Against the wind,
Against the cold,
So...
Bring it on, Life!
Bring it on....


By Yoshith PERERA


3 comments: