Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Friday, August 09, 2013

I ask for...

 
I cry...
I scream...
I pray...
& I cry...
 
I ask for reason...
I ask for understanding...
I pray for your grace...
I call for your embrace...
 
I seek memories...
I seek moments...
I follow those dreams...
Sharing stolen visions...
 
I ask why them?
& ask why not them?
I ask for more time...
I ask for more life...
I clench on to this faith...
& I fall no more...
 
I summon much courage...
& seek you in the heavens...
I finally open your book...
& let myself break down...
 
I remember you...
I will always remember you...
I think of you...
I will always think of you...
With every moment,
That my life grows...
That my spirit glows...
I will look up to you...
So you may see me,
So you may look back down on me...
& forever live in my heart...
& in my life...

By Yoshith Perera

 
Dedicated to my Aunt...
Who said her goodbyes to us this week...

May your heart,
Be at peace,
May your soul,
Dine an eternal grace...
May your spirit,
Sore to the blissful heavens...
& live in our hearts,
Till our eventual rests...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment