Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Inspiration...


Its hard to inspire ones' soul,
When the world around you is often drowning your loudest thoughts,
And though your heart may beat, strong and fast,
And your warm heart fails to withstand the cold,
Its hard... To feel beyond reality,
To imagine the dream in which you dwell....


There is always going to be someone out there,
Who will freeze my moments,
And every dream there after,
Would house their presence eternally still...

To that very person my heart will belong,
My words will have meaning to them,
And their words will fill the missing gaps,
That my sorrows had become...


Kandy Lake, Kandy, Sri Lanka


The memories that fill our lives,
Are often in sync with the choices we make,
Entangled with certain perceptions,
Particularly the ones we prefer to recall,
So I fill my memories with you...


I am no poet,
Nor have I been gifted with words,
But the words I seek before you know,
Are the words quite simple indeed...

With you, I am myself...
Complicated as can be,
As tall as my legs allow me to be...

And every time I see you smile, I smile...
Whenever I hear your voice, I m inclined to blush...
Happiness is indeed, for some... A choice...

This life we live is a dream in itself...
Our actions based on emotion,
The reactions full of feeling,

As life clearly prefers honesty...
I'd prefer to say to you...

Thou time runs fast,
And distance keeps us apart,
I'm sure beyond a reasonable doubt,
That I wanna keep falling in to you...
For as long as I can feel...


-Yoshith Perera

No comments:

Post a Comment