Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fathers... DAY

As father's day approaches and we celebrate the love, the example, the devotion and the spirit which are "Fathers", let's thank the papa bears out there for being gr8 dads! Being a father is an easy thing, all you need is a fertile womb and few working tadpoles, oOps! I meant hmmm well scientifically there are referred to as sperm.

The world is full of fathers, some who wanted children and others who weren't probably that excited about it. I've seen many examples of great dads, on movies and in reality. For example; my uncle, he was an amazing example of a great dad. My cousins were clearly no angels when they were growing up, but wow! The way my uncle handled them, was so cool! He was so corny around them and at the same time pretty hilarious. No matter what happened in life, his first preference was always, always those 4 amazing women in his life... He raised 3 goofy, extraordinary, independent women. As an uncle he gave me the best gifts ever, 3 amazing sisters whom I love a lot! He will always be remembered and I will always remember him simply because when I have kids.... That's the way I want to treat my kids, with unconditional love...



Sometimes life hands us, a very bad hand in a game of poker, full of deviant crazy people. Some people aren't meant to be dads but they become fathers nonetheless. This world is balanced by the good, the bad and the in-between. A moral compass is a gift and common sense a treasure, all of which are required to go down a path which leads to the "WORLD'S GREATEST DAD!!!" award. Fortunately there's no award like that, otherwise we wouldn't know if it's the award they were after...
 
During the early years of my life, my father didn't play much of a hands on role in my life. I barely got to see him or spend time with him. Sadly I didn't have a person to really look up to, in that way. I still remember a specific project my English teacher gave us when I was in middle school. 
 
"Follow your father around and write a report on your dad's career and what's it like at work with him" 
 
Unfortunately my father wasn't in the country at the time and my teach wasn't really in a mood to cut me out of the class assignment. It was tough, but I followed my uncle around and faked a report instead. My life was clearly no movie, there wasn't anyone waiting at the end of the day to say "I'm back and I'm back for good!" But I do have a mum, who played both roles "mum and dad" pretty well. She's an amazing fearless lady whom I am very proud to call my role model and my MUM...
 
My dad played the best hand of poker in life he could... He's my father and my dad no matter what... I love him for trying... Cause that's all you could hope for, isn't it? No ones really trained for the job, it's not really genetics but I've heard the pay off is amazing... Especially the memories...
 
So this father's day, let's remember our dads!!
The ones who are awesome,
the ones who aren't,
the ones we hardly know,
the ones we don't know...
and most of all the ones who try...
 
Happy FATHERs DAY Everyone!!!

1 comment: