Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Goodbye's aren't forever...

   I recently lost someone close in my family, my uncle... Dr. Wilfred J. Perera... Over the years, I have spent much of my childhood with my cousins, my aunt and him... Being far from home now, it's very difficult for me to comprehend his passing... But the memories I have with all of them remain, some of the most joy some riddled with laughter. I wasn't around to comfort my sisters and I wasn't around to bid farewell to my uncle. But I believe that he is in a place, far different from earth, far more peaceful and surrounded by only love.



   He was truly an amazing man, much of his endeavors are known and commended for. But the greatest gifts he gave all of us, are 3 incredibly beautiful and spectacular daughters, all of whom I'm lucky enough to call my sisters. His legacy, his brilliance and his spirit lives on, through all of them...

   All the memories I have of him, are studded with his jokes and crazy humour. I still remember the moments where we'd all be playing a game of cards and having a amazing time... I saw him showering my cousin's with so much love, through him I saw how someone should truly love their children... He was a husband, a father, a brother, an uncle, a teacher and a leader... He left behind legacies, in every way... Even if the world forgets, he will live on... In our hearts, with our tears, with our smiles and our memories...

 
"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die"
-Thomas Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment