Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fathers...


We lose the fathers that care,
We gain the fathers that bare,
Baring an immoral compass, 
Baring a broken soul...



In a world filled with everything,
Where everything is nothing,
I travel...
On a broken brick road,
To an abyss of loneliness,
My heart...
Filled with empty precautions...
My mind...
Knowing only broken promises...

Lord...
Oh God..
How I ask for your guidance....
For an angel...
For direction...
In this world where I am lost,
Lost with no perception,
Of what's suppose to be...
Prone to only this deception...

But on this ship I sail,
Sail through every test,
&
Every storm,
Through darkened weather...
&
Angry shores...
Midst this hardship,
Every wish is precious...
To my soul,
To my being,
A soul that will only grow strong...

With time....
You maybe my history,
In life...
You may pretend to be my company,
But I will never be your legacy,
For I will never live your lie...
Or any lie...

By Yoshith Perera

1 comment: