Please note that the poems, some photographs and the essays on this site are copyright and may not be reproduced without the author's permission.

Friday, January 25, 2013

The Door..


My Free Write Friday offering based on the prompt from Kellie at;
http://kellieelmore.com/2013/01/25/fwf-free-write-friday-seven-doors/



Given a choice to unlock a mystical door to a far off kingdom where magic was power,animals talked and no one grew old, would you open it? 
LET me THINK...
If I had a choice of 7 places to be transported to, I'd probably lock the door and forget about the whole thing...
Forget magic and talking animals, I clearly treasure my comforts...
Hot water, a washroom where there's a flush involved, THE INTERNET!!!, and how could I ever forget Facebook?!!? People would wonder and ponder of my whereabouts... LOL

         But If I were to be serious and I had to pick between seven doors leading to seven places;

Narnia  Neverland  Wonderland  Hogwarts  Camelot  Middle Earth  Westeros  

            I would probably pick the door leading to Narnia, clearly there would be much to learn from such an experience. Let me tell you why the other 6 didn't make the cut. Hogwarts; Although the thought of an adventure sounds ridiculously tempting, I would actually have to do some sort of magic to survive. A muggle in Hogwarts? They would probably make me forget everything anyway.  And without magic, I'd probably end up being eaten by a tree. Westeros, is a place I have no knowledge of and I wouldn't travel to a place I have absolutely no clue about. Ignorance is blissful only when you're in civilization. 
             Middle Earth is quite an enticing choice but clearly not in the middle of a war. There is bound to be another one sooner or later. Meeting Merlin and taking a look around Camelot, that would have been an amazing opportunity. But I'd rather be educated in some sort of defensive arts before undertaking such a journey where I would need to know how to wield some kind of weapon in order to survive. 
         Wonderland? No way!!! There's way too many people with mental disorders up there. You've got a mad hatter, a crazy rabbit, a mouse in need of anger management, a queen with a love of heads or the lack thereof... It would be entertaining but yet again I might end up headless. To be in Neverland, is to be young forever. To fly around and bug a grown man with a hook and a crocodile thrown into the mix of it. Hmmmm.... I would rather watch an episode of American Idol at home, I'm sure I would love the drama between Nicki and Mariah wayyy better... Why Narnia?? Simply because there would be much to see, much to imagine and much adventures to have... Plus, I might arrive there and be crowned a King... 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all hail the king! :)
    good sense of humour u've got there, keep smiling! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for joining us at FWF!!! What a great read! I needed a smile today! And I LOVE NARNIA!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problemo!!! IT was a fun challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed this, especially your view of Wonderland. I am so with you!

    ReplyDelete